Nomination is now open for membership of the Board of Directors of Ahli Bank QSC
26 January 2017
The Board of Directors of Ahlibank has the pleasure to announce to the shareholders that nomination for election of the Board of Directors is now open for the six board seats for 3 years (2017-2019), starting from Sunday 29/01/2017 till 1:00 pm of Thursday 9/2/2017.
- Candidate should not be less than 21 years old and having full capacity
- Candidate should not have been convicted of a criminal offence or a crime related to honour or honesty or any of the crimes referred to in Article (334) and (335) of the Companies Law No. (11) of 2015, unless he has been reinstated
- Be an owner of 1% of the capital of Ahli Bank, equal to 1,908,031 shares at the time of applying for his nomination, which shall be allocated as security for guaranteeing the rights of the Bank, shareholders, creditors and other parties, against the responsibility of the Board members, and accepting to have them reserved until the end of the term of his membership
- Is not in breach of Article (98) of the Commercial Companies Law No. (11) of 2015
Nominations are subject to the approval of Qatar Central Bank
- Copy of National ID and Passport
- Copy of the Commercial Registration (CR) for Companies
- New certificate of shares ownership
Applications will be received during the official working hours (9:00 AM till 1:00 PM) starting from Sunday 29/1/2017 till Thursday 9/2/2017.
Shareholders who are willing to be nominated are requested to visit the Bank’s Board Secretariat at the Head Office Building in Al Sadd Area, Suheim Bin Hamad Street, 3rd floor, to fill and submit the form and application and present the required documents, before the end of the nomination period.
Election will take place during the Ordinary General Assembly Meeting to be held on 7/3/2017 which will be announced later in two daily local newspapers and on the website of Qatar Stock Exchange and the website of the Bank, 15 days prior to the meeting, or any adjournment of the meeting.
For any enquiry, please call us on 44232321
Faisal Bin Abdulaziz Bin Jassim Al Thani
Chairman and Managing Director